Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pissed Christ

In class on Friday, Mr. Sweeney shown us a picture of Jesus on the cross and expand to us that he was going to give us more details about the picture and that we had to write how we felt about it. At first I thought the artist was making it seem like the picture was taken in that time period and that it had a nice glow on Jesus. Or the picture was taken from a scene of the movie "The Passion of Christ." Then he told us the title of the picture was called "Pissed Christ." I felt that it was wrong on some many levels. No matter what, i feel that it is wrong to piss on anything besides in the toilet. It was ruse and disrespectful and If I had to the chance to I would slap the artist. Then I was mad because he gotten grant money to do this. That money could of went towards something else. Why would tax payers pay artist to make art. Like, look at the world and all the problems we have. Tax payer's money should be put to use for those things not art.

3 comments:

  1. Did not like the fact he pissed on the picture and named it pissed Christ.. On some levels I felt like it was disrespectful and rude. He had gotten grant money for something so wrong in life but yet get money for it .....SMH NUFF SAID !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, this is wrong on so many levels. The artist is really disrespectful and as you said the grant money should have been used on something else besides being childish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, and I honestly did not know why we spent a whole class on trying to state our opinion on the photo. I liked the discussion, until we found out the meaning of the photo. smh.

    ReplyDelete